Monday, July 14, 2014

healthy living

Hey everyone,

So this is my last post for now!  I've had such a busy week I fell so behind!  This post is a health post. I've been a member at LA Fitness for almost 4 weeks and I love it. I've been so much happier and I'm healthier. A few weeks ago, I tried my first ever Spin class. I was super nervous because I heard they're very intense but let me tell you, it was the best workout I've ever had!  I burnt almost 600 calories and was dripping sweat after!  Spin is an indoor cycling class. This is such a great workout because it can be done in all seasons. Our instructor spoke to us and brought us through the workout as if we were actually biking up a mountain, it was amazing motivation. If you haven't tried it yet, I 100% recommend it!! 
(A photo off Google in case you aren't sure what Spin is) 

So I got the whole working out thing down, now I've just been trying to master the healthy eating.  I love food, I mean who doesn't?  And being Italian and Puerto Rican, I kind of have the best of both worlds when it comes to food. But I realized, if I don't make changes in what I eat, I won't see any real results. So I changed my diet, I'm eating healthier BUT I refuse to eat bland food! I'll eat healthy, but it must have taste. 

So for dinner today, I made a Chipotle inspired meal. 
This isn't the best picture because I realized I wanted to post about it while I was eating lol. This is one cup of rice, one piece of grilled chicken and mixed vegetables. On top I put one tablespoon of guacamole and one tablespoon of mango salsa. You have to be sure to measure things such as guacamole and salsa because those calories sneak up on you, before you know it, you're through half a tub of guac! This was a decent sized portion, and I didn't want to be hungry soon after so I had a side salad and then another small piece of chicken. Measuring is key when it comes to eating healthy!  

I'm going to try to find some more healthy meals!  Hope you enjoyed. 

Keep on smilin,
Poochie

No comments:

Post a Comment